Topic: Blacklisted

To my surprise and disgust, I just discovered that my IP is on almost 20 different blacklists.

http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

It seems like someone has hacked either into my local network or my email servers and is using them to SPAM.

I'm not sure how to deal with the problem.. any suggestions?

Re: Blacklisted

You have an email server? Look at the logs to see if there's anything suspicious in the outgoing email.

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

What about compromised scripts on the server? PHP?

Is this the IP for your VPS or for your local network?

This is a problem both on my local WIFI network (even though I do have WEP encryption on it) and with my email accounts. I have turned off my WIFI and am back to the Ethernet connection, but I dont know how to prevent my email account from becoming a zombie spammer.

Looking at my logs, my address has been abused to sell everything from stocks, to xanex and via-gra sad

pimpmaster wrote:

Looking at my logs, my address has been abused to sell everything from stocks, to xanex and via-gra sad

*****? I thought you were already selling that as part of your pimp empire!

A good pimp lets his hoes raise the flag, if you dig my meaning wink

You should be advised that WEP encryption has been thoroughly cracked. It is now possible to break that encryption within 1-10 minutes, with techniques that are quite widespread. Just saying.

manito,

I just discovered that myself and found it quite un-nerving. If anyone has suggestions for securing a network on a Mac, I am def all ears. My google searches have not yielded satisfactory results.

Use a wired network wink

You could try WPA is slightly more secure that WEP.

I'd agree with AdamC. If your computers are very near the router, just used a wired network. Cheaper, more reliable, etc. But if your devices support it, use WPA or WPA2 (many routers will allow you to permit either at the same time, actually). Both have been analyzed thoroughly and have not yet been cracked (as long as you use a secure passphrase!). But unfortunately, some devices may not support WPA or WPA2. Check your devices, and use WPA/WPA2, if available.

Use WPA2 with a good passphrase, and pray you don't have a device like a Nintendo DS that only supports WEP hmm

vinnie - rails forum admin

Just did some checking and the wireless router I'm using does support WPA2.

I dont have any idea how to actually set this up though.

Any pointers would be appreciated