Topic: do you use rails for static sites or maybe staticmatic?

I was watching staticmatic and it is good to code css and xhtml with haml and sass but at the end  if one day i have to convert that static site in a rails dynamic app i have to redo templates and layouts with that generated xhtml in the rails/erb way,....so what is the benefit of using halm or sass code? I will prefer using rails with the caching system also because i ahve the routes facility

Re: do you use rails for static sites or maybe staticmatic?

I just did a site with staticmatic and it works great. You don't lose all your Rails_fu and more importantly you get to use haml and sass. I don't think you'll find a caching system as effective as static pages smile

you can use HAML/SASS in Rails too, so porting the templates to rails won't be much of a hassle, though you will have to replace the Staticmatic link/img etc. helpers with the rails ones, agreed.

Last edited by Duplex (2007-10-30 20:07:15)

Duplex wrote:

you can use HAML/SASS in Rails too, so porting the templates to rails won't be much of a hassle, though you will have to replace the Staticmatic link/img etc. helpers with the rails ones, agreed.

so i will have to replace all the helpers...that is frustating