Topic: Status: 500 Internal Server Error Content-Type: text/html

I was working on rails project using instant rails and the radrails eclipse plugin. I had to set it aside for other work for a few months. I'm now coming back to it I get that error when I go to any part of the site except the default "Welcome Aboard" page that comes up when the server runs. I've had to reinstall the OS on this machine between the two times I have worked on this project, but I backup both eclipse and the workspace so that shouldn't be a problem. I did not backup the instantrails directory. Is that the issue?

Last edited by HPCE_Larry (2007-12-08 13:42:48)

Re: Status: 500 Internal Server Error Content-Type: text/html

Can you check out the log file and see where the errors are being thrown?

it says it can't find the database. Was the database info stored in the instantrails directory? And if so, what do I do now because I definitely do not have that now.

Your database file should be stored in the rails directory:

RAILS_ROOT/config/database.yml

can you confirm that the database specified in that file is created on your local machine?

I have no idea if it exists or where it would be located. I assume it would have been created when I created the application. There was no data of consequence in it so if simply recreating it is the quickest way of fixing this then how do I do that?

Does instant rails not generate a rails project tree?
I don't get what's so great about instantrails....seems to me it causes more issues and you don't learn the proper basics of rails. I'm not saying that you don't know the basics of rails, I just need to take a look at instantrails and see how it works. I don't see why you(in general) wouldn't just go about it the regular way?

ps. Looks like instantrails isn't even being maintained anymore, maybe you should read this guide?
http://www.bitnami.com/tutorials/from_i … _rubystack

Last edited by Lake (2007-12-09 14:24:00)

You're probably right, I'm quite new and was just trying to get this done for one project, and so I sorta skimmed over the basics. So on your recommendation I spent some time looking it over and could fix it myself, thanks for the help!

Cool man! Great Job!
smile