Topic: SQLite GUI for OS X?

Hi everyone,

Any recommendations for a SQLite GUI for OS X? I'm spoiled by NaviCat for MySQL.

Cheers,

Brandon Taylor
Sr. Developer

Dell

Re: SQLite GUI for OS X?

There is a firefox plugin for that.. It looks like *****, but hey, it works. smile

Allthough, if your running Safari, as I do, it might not be the right choice.

I found this one from the SQLite site: http://saxmike.com/MySoftware/MySoftwar … MYSOFTWARE

Looks pretty nice in OS X, and it's cross platform, OS X, Windows, Linux.

Brandon Taylor
Sr. Developer

Dell

Hey

That looks really nice, I will give that a shot myself. Thanks for the suggestion.

kenny

I've been looking for something like this for a while. Great find!

Thanks. I've had a really good experience with it so far. It does have a few quirks though. I've noticed if you have a DB open, and you do a rolllback migration, sometimes it will refuse to open the file again and you have to restart the application. It will sometimes refuse to open any database, but this usually happens after the aforementioned has happened.

Brandon Taylor
Sr. Developer

Dell

awesome!, if anyone doesnt mind explaining, how would I go about using this GUI with a rails project, like how do I connect it to the project?

Hi Stefan,

This SQLite GUI will just allow you to view and edit a SQLite database itself. There's really not a way to connect a database GUI to a Rails project that I know of.

SQLite is specified as the default database driver for Rails 2.0, but you can easily override that when you create your project. If you wanted, say, to use MySQL, you could run

rails my_app -d mysql

There are many different database drivers available for Rails to choose from.

Cheers,

Brandon Taylor
Sr. Developer

Dell

YOU can use for OS X - best free tool Valentina Studio, does everything you need, and does it very well http://www.valentina-db.com/en/valentin … o-overview

Last edited by ahmad (2013-04-08 09:18:39)

I'm the developer of SQLite Professional for OSX and like to think that its a fairly decent SQLite UI. If anyone is still looking for a good SQLite UI, I would suggest giving it a try! I'll include some promo codes below and if they run out i'm always willing to give more if you email my support account.

Promo codes for SQLite Professional on the MAS:

• M4HYN4PFKAAP

• 3PJ7HRMHA6AR

• M4AE7TYFF3EM

• PR7AL97AT9EH

• T6J44RXPTEAT

• XJRY3RAF9PNA