Topic: [ANN] Visual Rails Workbench - Ruby In Steel 1.2
SapphireSteel Software has just released a major update to its Ruby and Rails IDE, Ruby In Steel Developer. This edition includes a unique visual drag and drop environment - The Visual Rails Workbench - for designing Rails applications.
The principal features of the Visual Rails Workbench are:
- Full page editing of complete web pages (composites of Rails layouts/views/partials)
- Drag and Drop design - add controls from a toolbox
- Set properties using the Property panel
- Resize and move controls using mouse or keyboard
- Split view code/form editing
- Toggle ERb/RHTML editing between HTML editor and Rails (Ruby-aware) editor
- Round-tripping between ‘web format’ HTML and ‘Rails format’ ERb/RHTML
- Edit code as ERb/RHTML or as HTML
- Document Navigator navigates document structure (HTML)/or methods (ERB/Ruby)
- Quick navigation between controller and view
- Import/Export to other web page design tools such as Dreamweaver
- Save/restore named ‘versions’ of page designs to/from an archive of work in progress
- Auto-backup of changes to templates
- Support for Rails 1 and Rails 2
Other notable features of Ruby In Steel Developer 1.2 include:
- JRuby Support
Users may run and debug Sun’s Java-based JRuby right inside the Ruby In Steel environment.
- IronRuby Support
Ruby In Steel is the only IDE to offer integrated form design for Microsoft’s IronRuby (currently ‘alpha’).
- Enhanced Debugging
Ruby In Steel has the fastest debugger for standard Ruby. In addition to all its existing capabilities (such as breakpoints, watch variables, call stack navigation, step into/out/over, locals, autos, drill-down debugging and debugging into ERb/RHTML templates) Ruby In Steel 1.2 adds the following debugging features:
-- Conditional breakpoints
-- Break on hitcount
-- Run macro on break
-- Break on exception
-- Autos window user-configuration
-- Dynamic debugging (evaluate code and change variable values on the fly)
Registered Users of Ruby in Steel 1.x may upgrade to this version at no cost. Please uninstall the previous version before installing this new release using your key (key.bin), registered user name and serial number.
The Trial period has now been extended to 60 days. If you wish to evaluate the software, download the full version and this will remain operational for 60 days. After that period, registration is required.
Download from: http://www.sapphiresteel.com/spip?page=download