Topic: ActiveRecord Relationship Question

I'm re-writing a hockeypool website currently written in php into RoR.  Forgive me, as I am a newbie and this is my first RoR application.

I have two tables that I would like to model a relationship through using ActiveRecord.  The tables are "Franchises" and "Goalies". 

There will only be 10 records in the Franchises table.  Each franchise will have two or more goalies.

However, in the Goalies table, there will be approximately 25 goalies.  What is confusing me is the fact that each goalie will have a separate record based on each week of the season, and the season is approx. 26 weeks long. As well, a given goalie can change franchises, so Goalie#1 may belong to Franchise1 for the first 12 weeks, but belong to Franchise2 for the remaining 14 weeks.

How would this relationship be modelled?  So far, I thought it would be as follows:

class Franchise < ActiveRecord::Base
  has_many :goalies
end

class Goalie < ActiveRecord::Base
  belongs_to :franchise
end

Does anyone see any issue with this?  Is this correct or is there a better way to do it?

Thanks for your help.

Re: ActiveRecord Relationship Question

well that would work.

although if you looked at the goalies history it might be confusing as the information could be missleading.

unless if a goalie changed franchise you give him a new record in the goalie table.
so you could see his stats(is it?) for each franchise that he was apart of.

--

Re: ActiveRecord Relationship Question

Thank you for your reply. 

The update of a goalie to a different franchise will occur when I perform weekly updates and hence will be associated with a new record.