Topic: How to get rid of space at bottom of images?

Hi.  I was wondering, how do you get rid of that big margin that an image has below it when you put it somewhere.  For example, if you look at Wikipedia's main page, and see today's "Featured Article" you'll see and image to the top left of that article, as well text.  Now if you look under the image, there's about 10px or so of just blank space, and the text comes after.  Is there a way to reduce this size?  I've tried reducing margin's to 0, but that still produces some space underneath, even though it does reduce it.  Thank you for your time.

Re: How to get rid of space at bottom of images?

Why don't you post a link to a site showing the problem.

Austin Web Developer
Web Application Development with Ruby on Rails, PHP (w CakePHP or CodeIgniter), ASP.NET (w MVC)

Oh, yea sorry lol.. Okay http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page , there..  Where it says "Todays' featured aritcle" (in green, in the middle) there's a pic of something, and underneath it there's a lot of space.  Now how do you get rid of that space?  I've tried making margins negative at the bottom of the image but that doesn't work.  The reason why I'm linking another site instead of my own is because mine isn't online as of yet.  Hope this clarifies a bit.

Sorry, I haven't been around much, but if you're still having this problem, I'd be happy to have a look. Just post your code, so I can see what you're doing.

the best thing to do is put a border around your elements as a test and examine what has the space you don't want in it, and then apply margin: 0 and padding: 0 to that element.

Add

display: block;

to the image.