Re: Introduce yourself!

Name: Matias Insaurralde

Last edited by matiasinsaurralde (2009-01-04 18:27:12)

Name:

Name: Dana Jones
What brought you to Rails Forum? First, researching custom 404 handling (go-go-Gadget-Google!), but now hoping to be helpful in answering a few questions.
How do you use Ruby/Ruby on Rails? I do client development pretty much every day, and it's all in RoR.

Name: Chris Kanclerowicz
Occupation: Web Developer (MPRI, a division of L-3 Communications)
What brought you to Rails Forum? I had a question, and a coworker recommended this place.
How do you use Ruby/Ruby on Rails? I'm currently learning RoR while I'm in a slow period at work.  not sure what (if anything) I'll be using it for any time soon.

I am currently primarily a PHP programmer.  I try to constantly expand my knowledge related to all web-based programming languages, which led me to RoR.

Name: Nicolas Alpi
What brought you to Rails Forum? I posted 2 or 3 times on this forum before this presentation.
Working with rails on side project since 2006, I would like new to help the community, by posting more on forum (I'll try also on my 'blog') and being member of Rails Activism.

Name: Chris
What brought you to Rails Forum? Google search, plus helpful comments found in the forum. I'm attracted to Rails Forum because of the very nice and helpful people I've run into so far on the forums.
How do you use Ruby/Ruby on Rails? I'm currently trying to develop a web app to help track my students progress on standardized tests and plan their individual education plans to help them improve faster. I really don't have a lot of programming experience, just some PHP to help a friend code a vBulletin mod to host online mafia games, so I'm really raw around the edges.

Name: Daragh O'Reilly
What brought you to Rails Forum? Research.
How do you use Ruby/Ruby on Rails? Nada so far, but I'm looking at using it to open up some modules in a Legacy EMS system; also looking at Seaside.

Name: Justin Lyman
What brought you to Rails Forum? google search
How do you use Ruby/Ruby on Rails? I am currently learning Ruby & RoR for some web applications for the company I work for.

Last edited by justinlyman (2009-03-25 18:33:16)

How rude of me... jumping right in and not even introducing myself.. :-).

Name: Simon (RimBlock)
Occupation: IT - Banking (financial messaging, cash management and f2b systems mainly on Sybase & solaris).  shhh, don't tell anyone, pleeeease

Location: From the UK originally but now live and work in Singapore with my Singaporean wife and two kids.

What brought you to Rails Forum?

The search for informed wisdom....

How do you use Ruby/Ruby on Rails?

Looking to realise a vision.  Looking to cut my chains and become my own boss.  Looking to be able to support my family through tough times.

Name: Christian Lemp
What brought you to Rails Forum? Google "rails forum"
How do you use Ruby/Ruby on Rails? I am a beginner interested in learning to program in Ruby on Rails in order to "make real" my ideas for web applications.

Thank you everyone for the great forum, I look forward to being able to contribute soon!

Name: Dini
What brought you to Rails Forum? Google "rails forum"
How do you use Ruby/Ruby on Rails?
I want to post an enigma...

Name: Eric Tate
Occupation: Free-lance camera operator, editor and (learning) web-developerf
What brought you to Rails Forum? I don't know exactly. it was listed in a book or at the rails website.
How do you use Ruby/Ruby on Rails? I'm making a an app and a PNS server to support an iphone app. I should have a general PNS server made soon if you need those services for your iphone version 3.0 apps.

Name: Adam Kruse
Occupation: Real Estate Broker and Business Man for a Web Dev company
What brought you to Rails Forum? My dev. guy told me were making my real estate site in Rails now instead of Drupal. I want to learn
How do you use Ruby/Ruby on Rails? We are using it for our property search functionaliy

Name: Robert Mayer
What brought you to Rails Forum? Google search
How do you use Ruby/Ruby on Rails?  I'm still a newbie to Ruby and RoR, but due to my increasing frustration with Microsoft and their tendency to continually make things more complicated, rather than easier, I felt the need to find a new direction.  What I've read so far on Ruby and RoR has been very encouraging!

Name: Jonathan Amiez
Occupation: System & Network engineer (soon, i'm still student smile)
What brought you to Rails Forum? Searching for Rails sample apps
How do you use Ruby/Ruby on Rails? I reproduced the functionnalities of the German WWII Enigma ciphering machine with Ruby/Qt4.
Now I want to port a real estate renting website from ugly PHP to RoR.

Hi guys!

Name: Klaus Breyer
Occupation: Studying Software Engineering. At the moment: internship for software development at ibm.
What brought you to Rails Forum? I want to improve my skills in rails and writing english by helping other with problems i allready solved. And i need a lot of problems from myself to get solved smile
How do you use Ruby/Ruby on Rails? For private projects at the moment. I hope to get freelance-jobs soon!

Well, I thought. This is how the world works. All energy flows according to the whims of the Great Magnet. What a fool I was to defy him.

Name: Artem K
What brought you to Rails Forum? Searching for help with Rails
How do you use Ruby/Ruby on Rails? I create applications for the web.  Currently have about 20 applications under development. 2 have been released.

Name: Haqy Min
What brought you to Rails Forum? I'm addicted to rails
How do you use Ruby/Ruby on Rails? Still learn and learn, not implemented yet

Hello World!

Name: Tudor
What brought you to Rails Forum? I started to learn Ruby on Rails and I like it very much.
How do you use Ruby/Ruby on Rails? Learning... (current working project in Rails: http://www.autokun.ro )

Name:Jason Green
Occupation:  Director at http://www.dynamic50.com a boutique rails development company and director of http://www.ruby50.com a ruby on rails recruitment consultancy
What brought you to Rails Forum? stumbled across a posting whilst googling
Background:  4 years+ in ruby on rails as both a developer, cto and more recently a director.
How do you use Ruby/Rails?  For all our work at Dynamic50.