Topic: how to force app into production mode?

I can't get my app to load currently on my production server, when I use ruby script/console it tells me I'm in development mode:

In my environment.rb file I have ENV['RAILS_ENV'] ||= 'production'

And I also have: set :rails_env, "production" in my deploy.rb file.

I've deployed with capistrano, the DB is all set up and the data is already there. Am I missing something somewhere to make it use the production db settings?

I'm using passenger currently.

d

Re: how to force app into production mode?

script/console will always run in development mode unless you tell it otherwise (script/console -e production) that doesn't mean that your application is running in development mode though.

If you change data in your application (through the browser), does the data change in the production database?

Re: how to force app into production mode?

I was able to get in production mode with the console with:
ruby script/server production (without the e)

It connects to the DB and all is well. I've logged in to mysql and can see the database and all tables and info exists and is there so I'm thinking this is no longer a DB problem, however the app still doesn't run.

Here's the errors from the log file:

Processing ApplicationController#index (for 67.242.16.32 at 2009-04-22 01:20:08) [GET]

NameError (uninitialized constant PlayersController):
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/rack/request_handler.rb:74:in `process_request'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_request_handler.rb:203:in `main_loop'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/railz/application_spawner.rb:340:in `start_request_handler'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/railz/application_spawner.rb:298:in `handle_spawn_application'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/utils.rb:181:in `safe_fork'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/railz/application_spawner.rb:296:in `handle_spawn_application'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:337:in `__send__'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:337:in `main_loop'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:187:in `start_synchronously'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:154:in `start'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/railz/application_spawner.rb:192:in `start'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:257:in `spawn_rails_application'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server_collection.rb:126:in `lookup_or_add'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:251:in `spawn_rails_application'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server_collection.rb:80:in `synchronize'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server_collection.rb:79:in `synchronize'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:250:in `spawn_rails_application'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:153:in `spawn_application'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:282:in `handle_spawn_application'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:337:in `__send__'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:337:in `main_loop'
  passenger (2.2.1) lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:187:in `start_synchronously'

Rendering /home/public_html/fantasymeltdown.com/ffmd/public/500.html (500 Internal Server Error)

The articles controller and index action are the default route.
I was having the same problem before when I using mongrels and thought passenger might help. I thought maybe it was a DB error but I guess not.

Any ideas at all? The code works perfectly fine on my local machine with the same versions of Rails, gems, Ruby, apache, mongrel installed, just not on my production server.

I'm starting to hate rails since I can never find answers for these problems.

d