Topic: Capistano appears to be ignoring my deploy_to variable

I am setting up capistrano to deploy an app to an apache server with mongrel in front of it.

I want the app to reside in /var/www/rails/<app> on the server, so I altered deploy_to on the workstation.

When I run the cap process, it successfully co's the app from svn into the correct directory, but the command to invoke mongrel uses the default deploy_to of /u/apps/<app>: i.e it ignores the value it put in deploy.rb.

I can't find where this path gets picked up from, so is it hard coded into capistrano, or one of its recipes?

Guff

Re: Capistano appears to be ignoring my deploy_to variable

Has nobody seen this, or does everybody deploy to /u/apps?

I "avoided" the problem by ln'ing an alias for /u/apps but it's not satisfactory.

Gareth

Did you get this figured out?  I thought I was having the same problem but I realized that I thought I was setting the application path with mongrel_rails cluster ... and I didn't actually uncomment and change the deploy_to variable.  Once I did, it no longer tried to deploy to the /u/apps directory and actually went to the correct one.  Any chance you're doing the same?

Thanks Jonny.
Yes, I was setting deploy_to as required.

I never solved it, I simply avoided it by aliasing /u/apps to the directory I wanted to use. Clunky, but it works!

Guff