Topic: HOWTO: Set up Ruby on Rails in Windows
Here's a quick Howto on setting up Ruby on Rails for Windows.
1. Go to RubyForge and download the latest version of the Ruby one-click Installer for Windows. Install it by running the setup program. I recommend installing it to c:\ruby
2. Download and install RubyGems.
3. When Ruby and RubyGems have both been set up, run this in a terminal/command prompt window to install Ruby on Rails and all its dependencies:
gem install rails --include-dependencies
4. Create a folder to hold your rails Apps. I use c:\rails.
5. Create a test application by issuing this command in a terminal/command prompt:
6. You should then see a folder called testApp in c:\rails. Go into the testApp folder in a terminal/command prompt and type this:
7. Open your browser and go to http://localhost:3000/.
8. Congratulations, you're on Rails!
If this all seems like too much for you, you can also use InstantRails, which has Ruby, Rails, Apache, and MySQL all in one package.