Topic: Introductions forum?

Hi all, found this site via sitepoint surprisingly. And it coincides with what l want to work on in the coming months/years.

Could we get an intros forum to break the ice please?

Will have other demands/whinges no doubt as l start getting used to the place.

Great resource, thanks for creating it. Will certainly get the word out for you.

www.movieheretic.com - Reviews, Box Office, Chat from downunder. Now with added RoR goodness, beginner stuff.

www.skinbydragonfly.com - Invision skins, graphics, i-Tab revolution.

Re: Introductions forum?

Hey Jethro,

Welcome to Rails Forum! Glad to have you here. smile

For now, we just have an introduction thread.  But as we grow, and we have more new members every day, I am sure a full introductions forum is in the cards. smile  Perhaps when we switch to a RoR-based forum solution...

Thanks for the suggestion! smile

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

This is a good point. I wanted to drop in and make a public mockery out of a couple of your members, but without an introductory forum I'd feel out of place.

So instead, I'll take the time here and say "hello".

Good-Tutorials. Now with tutorials for Ruby and for Rails.

lo0ol wrote:

This is a good point. I wanted to drop in and make a public mockery out of a couple of your members, but without an introductory forum I'd feel out of place.

So instead, I'll take the time here and say "hello".

So we can start with the American jokes <insert shifty smilie>

Link to this site added at a couple of places btw, got some interest in RoR already. Surprisingly another person wants to create a forum product already.

www.movieheretic.com - Reviews, Box Office, Chat from downunder. Now with added RoR goodness, beginner stuff.

www.skinbydragonfly.com - Invision skins, graphics, i-Tab revolution.

Jethro wrote:

we can start with the American jokes <insert shifty smilie>

Only for those west of the Mississippi river (all 3 admins here are from the eastern US big_smile)

vinnie - rails forum admin