Topic: Moved to a different machine - [BUG] Segmentation fault

So far I've found ROR to be of the most frustrating environments I have ever used -- using substruct for a simple ecommerce site i figure eh I do some customizations and off I go -

I have an iMac and a MBP the environments are near identical on Snow Leopard and have run update --system - independently I have been able to get substruct to run no problem on both machines -- so I make a bunch of customizations to the version on the iMac -- then do a simple copy and paste of the site and export the db from the mysql on the iMac and put it on the MBP  - ruby script/server and I get this error

=> Booting WEBrick
=> Rails 2.3.8 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
/Users/myusername/Sites/mywebsite/vendor/gems/RedCloth-4.2.3/lib/redcloth_scan.bundle: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.7 (2009-06-12 patchlevel 174) [i686-darwin10.3.0]

Abort trap

It seems to me ROR is always like this -- every time I think I understand it -- something like this happens. Im gonna be on CakePHP in no time smile

Re: Moved to a different machine - [BUG] Segmentation fault

It looks like something is wrong with the way substruct stored the redcloth gem in the vendor directory. Just move that gem folder from the rails project to somewhere else in the file system (for backup reasons). Then install the gem:

#/config/environment.rb
config.gem "RedCloth"

sudo rake gems:install

See if that fixes your error and gets the app running.

Sweet that worked thanks!

Awesome. I haven't used structure, i generally just install the gems on the local machine. Bundler with rails 3 makes this easier as well.