Topic: first time deploying (railsplayground)

I have my application finished and it works great on my comp. I set up an account on railsplayground.com. Now what? Their guides are outdated.

Basically, I don't understand what I'm supposed to do instead of 'rails s'. I need to be able to handle many users.

It seems like it should be simple to get it up and running online, if it works perfectly on my comp.
I don't know where to start...

Thank you ahead of time.

Re: first time deploying (railsplayground)

I think I'm ready to answer my own question.

When your ready to deploy, its time to leave 'rails s' behind (WEBrick). I am using Phusion Passenger. It was incredibly easy to use on railsplayground.com. I inserted two lines of code and voila!

PP replaces WEBrick. It can also handle multiple users, which is a must. There are other technologies, but I'm not familiar with them. Something I'm still not sure about is how PP works? With WEBrick I had to start it up. With PP I didn't. Anyway...

The next leap I had to make was the database. Under the database.yml file, you specify your new database under 'production'.

I'll add more later if I think its useful

Re: first time deploying (railsplayground)

If you ever get stuck RailsPlayground have an online 24/7 chat with highly skilled Rails dudes manning the room. It's always worth popping in and asking them.

What you want and what you need are too often not the same thing!
When your head is hurting from trying to solve a problem, stop standing on it. When you are the right way up you will see the problem differently and you just might find the solution.
(Quote by me 15th July 2009)