Topic: Web Host For RoR and ASP.NET

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can find a WEB HOST that has RoR and ASP.NET on a Windows web server?

I program in RoR and ASP.NET, but can not seem to find a web host who supports both frameworks on a Windows server.

My current host doesn't support RoR.

I even googled... and I haven't found one yet.

Thanks

Re: Web Host For RoR and ASP.NET

Please... anyone have any ideas?

smile

Rails and Windows don't get along well together. I suggest two different servers, one Windows for your ASP.NET stuff and a Linux/BSD server for your Rails apps. If the two apps have to talk to each other, use something like REST or web services.

vinnie - rails forum admin

Well as Rails doesn't run on IIS your going to have a problem there.

Okay

That is what I thought.
It's tough being a multi-platform programmer!!

Thanks

smile

Hi, i have built a customizable website for a restaurant, where the owner is able to log on and edit the website himself. The traffic of the website won't be too high and certainly not a lot of storage too. I am also just starting to use rails and hope to find a responsive webhost to start with. Anyone care to recommend a few?

elpee wrote:

Hi, i have built a customizable website for a restaurant, where the owner is able to log on and edit the website himself. The traffic of the website won't be too high and certainly not a lot of storage too. I am also just starting to use rails and hope to find a responsive webhost to start with. Anyone care to recommend a few?

I am currently use hostdone.com.
Been with them two years. hey do have Unix servers.
They don't offer RoR, but you can put it on your account on your own.