Topic: Manage multiple small tables

I'm developing an app that will include multiple pull down select fields.  Most of these have a dozen +/- values.  I need to allow users to update these values.  Am I best off in building individual tables for each select field or can I manage all of these values collectively in a single table with perhaps select group ID of some type?  Any advice would be great.  If possible please include short code samples as I'm new to RoR.
Thanks.

Re: Manage multiple small tables

you will definitely need a table but how you structure that is really dependent on your business logic
Possibly an STI solution for a lookup table so you can define specific types of lookup but keep comon logic in the master table?

What you want and what you need are too often not the same thing!
When your head is hurting from trying to solve a problem, stop standing on it. When you are the right way up you will see the problem differently and you just might find the solution.
(Quote by me 15th July 2009)

Re: Manage multiple small tables

For a similar need I just defined a bunch of small tables.  That is the easiest and most straightforward way of doing it.  With a bunch of small tables the code is dead simple and you can get most of it just using scaffold (at least for a first cut).  I do not see any reason to complicate it with something like sti unless there is a lot of shared behavior.