Topic: RVM Instalation problem in Ubuntu
I am struggling with rvm installation in my stystem. I listed here what i followed dureing the installation. Please any one tell me what i did wrong in it.
I need to use the rvm for multi-user.
1. root@my-desktop:/usr/local/rvm/src# aptitude install curl git-core
2. root@my-desktop:/usr/local/rvm/srcgit clone http://github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm.git
3. root@my-desktop:/usr/local/rvm/src# cd rvm/
4. root@my-desktop:/usr/local/rvm/src/rvm# ./install
After this step i got the following messages,
If you have any questions, issues and/or ideas for improvement please
fork the project and issue a pull request.
If you wish to disable the project .rvmrc file functionality, set
rvm_project_rvmrc=0 in either /etc/rvmrc or ~/.rvmrc.
Thank you for using RVM!
I sincerely hope that RVM helps to make your life easier and more enjoyable!!!
5. I set .bash_profile file as "if [[ -s /usr/local/rvm/scripts/rvm ]] ; then source /usr/local/rvm/scripts/rvm ; fi"
6. In .bashrc,
# If not running interactively, don't do anything
if [[ -n "$PS1" ]]; then
At the end of line,
[[ -s "/usr/local/lib/rvm" ]] && . "/usr/local/lib/rvm"
7. I checked my /usr/local folder. The rvm is installed.
8. In /etc/bash.bashrc, i have added the followings,
if [ -s "$HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm" ] ; then
elif [ -s "/usr/local/rvm/scripts/rvm" ] ; then
9. After these stpes, i opened new terminal and typed which ruby but there is nothing displayed,
my@my-desktop:~$ which rvm
Please any one help me regarding this?...