Topic: Rails Server fails.

Hello,

I have rails 3.1.1 and Ruby 1.9.2-p290 as well as Postgresql8.4 installed on Ubuntu 10.04.

Bundle install worked just fine but rails server stopped and gave me a fairly lengthy response.

Here is some of it:
/home/tom/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290@tracapp/gems/actionpack-3.1.1/lib/action_view/railtie.rb:34:in `block (3 levels) in <class:Railtie>': undefined method `debug_rjs=' for ActionView::Base:Class (NoMethodError)
    from /home/tom/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290@tracapp/gems/actionpack-3.1.1/lib/action_view/railtie.rb:33:in `each'

it goes on in this vain but further down is maysomthing I could fix if I understood it:

from /home/tom/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290@tracapp/gems/railties-3.1.1/lib/rails/railtie/configurable.rb:30:in `method_missing'
    from /home/tom/rails_projects/tracapp/config/environment.rb:5:in `<top (required)>'
    from /home/tom/rails_projects/tracapp/config.ru:4:in `require'
    from /home/tom/rails_projects/tracapp/config.ru:4:in `block in <main>'

My Environment.rb file has this:

# Load the rails application
require File.expand_path('../application', __FILE__)

# Initialize the rails application
TracApp::Application.initialize!

and my Config.ru file has this:

# This file is used by Rack-based servers to start the application.

require ::File.expand_path('../config/environment',  __FILE__)
run TracApp::Application

Anyone have the patience to read through this and point me in a direction where I can remedy this problem.

Thanks for your patience.

fuzzy

Re: Rails Server fails.

Hi,

I finally got it .... the Request in both the Environment.rb and Config.ru files had to be removed as well as the ::

Thanks nevertheless, since it help me in posting the question.

fuzzy.