Topic: ActionMailer -> TimeOut causing Error. how to catch and save...

Hey Kids.
Im using ActionMailer in my Rails 2.3.8 job to send a bunch of emails to my sites users via a Cron Job.

occasionally i get a timeout error which seems to break the entire script / stop it from completing which is causing me some minor grief and Im not quite sure how to solve it.

here is the code in my CronJob

for account in @accounts 
      begin
        AccountMailer.deliver_expires_soon(account)
      rescue
         StandardError
         # Do nothing
      end
end

Below is the error text im getting.. the line number 43 in the error is the line above with the AccountMailer.deliver_expires_soon(account)

Is there a specific Action Mailer timeout error i need to look for or some way out of this error?
Thanks!

/home/user/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/commands/runner.rb:48: /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/timeout.rb:60:in `rbuf_fill': execution expired (Timeout::Error)
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/protocol.rb:134:in `rbuf_fill'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/protocol.rb:116:in `readuntil'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/protocol.rb:126:in `readline'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/smtp.rb:911:in `recv_response'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/smtp.rb:897:in `getok'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/smtp.rb:921:in `critical'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/smtp.rb:895:in `getok'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/smtp.rb:842:in `rcptto'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/smtp.rb:834:in `rcptto_list'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/smtp.rb:833:in `each'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/smtp.rb:833:in `rcptto_list'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/smtp.rb:654:in `sendmail'
    from /home/user/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/actionmailer-2.3.8/lib/action_mailer/base.rb:684:in `perform_delivery_smtp'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/net/smtp.rb:526:in `start'
    from /home/user/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/actionmailer-2.3.8/lib/action_mailer/base.rb:682:in `perform_delivery_smtp'
    from /home/user/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/actionmailer-2.3.8/lib/action_mailer/base.rb:523:in `__send__'
    from /home/user/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/actionmailer-2.3.8/lib/action_mailer/base.rb:523:in `deliver!'
    from /home/user/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/actionmailer-2.3.8/lib/action_mailer/base.rb:395:in `method_missing'
    from /home/user/mysite.com/app/models/night_watchmen.rb:43:in `account_checker'
    from /home/user/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/named_scope.rb:109:in `each'
    from /home/user/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/named_scope.rb:109:in `__send__'
    from /home/user/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.8/lib/active_record/named_scope.rb:109:in `each'
    from /home/user/mysite.com/app/models/night_watchmen.rb:40:in `account_checker'
    from (eval):1
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `eval'
    from /home/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.8/lib/commands/runner.rb:48
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require'
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'
    from /home/mysite.com/script/runner:3