Topic: OSX 10.7.3

Anybody else made the mistake of upgrading to OSX 10.7.3.

DONT

First,  after upgrading,  my Rails app stopped working, it craps out just trying to load the home page. 

My first suspicion was freetds (used for SQLServer connection).   Sure enough it, when testing freetds stand alone using the tsql utility,  it is clearly broken. 

After several hours, I had to give up on getting freetds to work, I'll just have to wait for them to find and fix the problem,  but I thought I could at least work on parts of my app that didn't utilize any models that were connected to SQLServer,  my mysql2 based models.  So I commented out the part of the database.yml that defined the SQLServer connection.

Guess what,  still NO WORKIE!!!!

Holy crap,  now I've got a real problem,  as it appears that the mysql2 adapter may be broken as well.

Moral of the story,  it sucks to be a pioneer with arrows in your back!

DONT upgrade to OSX 10.7.3 without a good fallback plan, which I didn't have!

Joe got a job, on the day shift, at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen, arrogantly twisting the sterile canvas snout of a fully charged icing anointment utensil.

Re: OSX 10.7.3

So,  I upgraded to 3.2.1,  and everything is working,  except freetds,  it's still broken.

If you use freetds,  DON'T upgrade your Mac to 10.7.3 until you see that it's fixed!

Joe got a job, on the day shift, at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen, arrogantly twisting the sterile canvas snout of a fully charged icing anointment utensil.

http://lifehacker.com/5881831/mac-os-x- … icated-fix

There is another big OS X 10.7.3 bug, I wouldn't update to 10.7.3 for a while.

I can no longer start rails server from the command line.

I've seen this before, but it's normally fixed by 'rails install', since 10.7.3, it isn't.

Fortunately, my passenger-based app is still working - I guess I got lucky.

I could really do without Apple screwing with Rails.