Topic: trouble getting started - trouble connecting to a db
I'm trying to get get going on a rails tutorial and get get past the installation. I'm a newbie, so I'm just bumbling along
1 . ran "rails new app1." - app created but bundler fails (An error occured while installing sqlite3 (1.3.5),)
2. changed the gemfile to explicitly call for "gem 'sqlite3-ruby', '1.2.5', :require => 'sqlite3' (this is the most recent version that works on osx 10.5)"
3. ran "bundle install" - success
4. try to view the default app and see the error "ActiveRecord::ConnectionNotEstablished"
5. looked in config/database.yml. It says "database: db/development.sqlite3"
6. looked in db/ - no database here.
Anybody have an idea what I need to do?
OSX 10.5.8 (leopard)
*Sorry to be coming to this forum with a setup question like this. I know its probably tedious. I hope to be back soon with some more interesting contributions.
Last edited by nc (2012-02-19 15:44:19)