Topic: how to update my repository in github

hi

i hava create a repository in github,when i modify my app even add or delete some files,how to reload the app directory?

i fail to reload the directory in the way of create repository?!

waiting  the soluation...

many thanks!

i am a rails rookie

Re: how to update my repository in github

Here's the basic pattern:

commit your changes locally:

$ git add .
$ git commit -m "made some changes"

then push them to github. In the code below, the first line is only needed the first time you push to github.

$ git remote add origin git@github.com:yourusername/yourreponame.git
$ git push origin master

In the above, change yourusername, yourreponame to match your github username and repo name that you're pushing to.  Also, in the second line, I'm pushing master branch, so change "master" to another branch name if you want to push a different branch.

Here are instructions on the github site (scroll down and start reading the example at "Next: Create a README for your repo")
http://help.github.com/create-a-repo/

Last edited by Brian71 (2012-04-21 10:32:02)

Brian71 wrote:

Here's the basic pattern:

commit your changes locally:

$ git add .
$ git commit -m "made some changes"

then push them to github. In the code below, the first line is only needed the first time you push to github.

$ git remote add origin git@github.com:yourusername/yourreponame.git
$ git push origin master

In the above, change yourusername, yourreponame to match your github username and repo name that you're pushing to.  Also, in the second line, I'm pushing master branch, so change "master" to another branch name if you want to push a different branch.

Here are instructions on the github site (scroll down and start reading the example at "Next: Create a README for your repo")
http://help.github.com/create-a-repo/

i got it and make it !

many thanks!

i am a rails rookie

You're welcome. By the way, I'm fw-coder on github, if you ever want to share some code.