Topic: Can someone explain where the devise controllers are?

Using devise 2.1.0

Where are the devise controllers?
I see references on the web like 'app/controllers/devise/controller_name.rb'
However, my controllers subdirectory has no devise directory.

Is this like the devise views, which remain hidden for some reason until you type 'rails generate devise:views'?
I tried 'rails generate devise:controllers' but that just got me an error message.

Where are they?

Thanks for any help. --Fred

Re: Can someone explain where the devise controllers are?

Go to the top directory for your project and run this:
        find . -name controller_name.rb
This command says to start in the current

In my rails application, the controllers created through 'rails generate scaffold ..' are all named 'model_name_controller.rb', but when I search on *_controller.rb all I get are the controllers that rails created through generate scaffold.

I assume there must be devise controllers, otherwise when, for example, the devise session view 'new.html.erb' is instantiated in a browser and the user clicks 'sign in', isn't the submit processed by a controller as per the rails 'convention over configuration'?

So where is it?

Devise controller are not inside your app, if you need to modify a method, just create a normal controller for user and replace the method name, for example create, show, etc or add new methods if you need to

The thing is, I don't want to override devise I want to supplement it.

What I want to do is, after the devise sessions controller does whatever it does to create a session, I would like to then direct the signed-in user to a particular page based on characteristics of the user.  For example, if current_user.admin? = true, I would like to direct the user to the admin page.  But if I create my own sessions controller with a 'create' method, and this overrides the devise sessions controller, then devise won't do the things it needs to do to create a session for the user and sign them in.

How do I tell rails and/or devise to send the just-signed-in user to the page of my choice and not to a page of devises choice?

Unless there is a good answer to this I guess I will look into CanCan and see if it gives me control of the after-sign-in actions.

if that's what you want you'll need to read the Devise Wiki
https://github.com/plataformatec/devise/wiki/_pages

check out
"How To: redirect to a specific page on successful sign in"

Thanks for your reply.
Oddly, the page you reference, "How to: redirect to a specific page on successful sign in" has only the following sections:
'redirect back to current page after signin?'
'redirect back to current page after oauth signin?'
'redirect back to current page without oauth signin?'

What's up with that?  I want to direct to a specific page that isn't the current page!
Anyway, you've given me a place to do some searching, I will see what I can find.

then change the current page for an specific one

Eventually I found this: create a sessions controller that derives from the devise sessions controller, and add this to it:

def after_sign_in_path_for(employees)
   'path/to/desired/file.html'
end

Unfortunately this is way too simplistic.  I need to create the link they go to after login, which will depend on the employee that signed in.  For example, my employee number is 10119, and I need to link to
website.com/employees/10119/timecard

So, how do I get information about who signed in so I can send them to the appropriate URL?

Thanks.  --Fred

Is that it then?  This is just another topic for which the rails community has no answer?

And while I'm bitching, can anyone tell me why ruby/rails code listings are never commented?