Topic: Ruby Segmentation Fault - Broken development environment
I was going to post this question on Stack Overflow but I feel that this will need a bit more of a back and forth to get to the bottom of things which suites a forum a lot more. I really have been at this for some time, I have lost a few days on this issue and since given up and not looked at it for a few weeks but I need to start a new Rails project and want this issue sorted.
I am having problems with my developing environment. I have worked on a several rails (and most recently sinatra websties) and have came across something which I have not been able to get passed.
This fault seemingly came out of nowhere. I can not pinpoint a time when I have changed anything but it is affecting at least one rails project and another sinatra project I have going.
I do not really have any idea of what is wrong. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the tools which I use like rubygems, bundler, rbenv, ruby and rail installations but nothing seems to have done it. Although I would be open to trying this again if someone directed me to do so.
I am running OSX 10.6.8 (64bit I think) and when I try to run bundle exec rails server:
/Users/ricky/.bundler/ruby/1.8/gems/johnson-1.2.0/lib/johnson/spidermonkey/spidermonkey.bundle: [BUG] Segmentation fault ruby 1.8.7 (2011-12-28 MBARI 8/0x6770 on patchlevel 357) [i686-darwin10.8.0], MBARI 0x6770, Ruby Enterprise Edition 2012.01 Abort trap
These are the project details:
bundle exec gem env
RubyGems Environment: - RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.6.2 - RUBY VERSION: 1.8.7 (2011-12-28 patchlevel 357) [i686-darwin10.8.0] - INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: /Users/ricky/.bundler/ruby/1.8 - RUBY EXECUTABLE: /Users/ricky/.rbenv/versions/ree-1.8.7-2012.01/bin/ruby - EXECUTABLE DIRECTORY: /Users/ricky/.bundler/ruby/1.8/bin - RUBYGEMS PLATFORMS: - ruby - x86-darwin-10 - GEM PATHS: - /Users/ricky/.bundler/ruby/1.8 - GEM CONFIGURATION: - :update_sources => true - :verbose => true - :benchmark => false - :backtrace => false - :bulk_threshold => 1000 - "gem" => "--no-ri --no-rdoc" - REMOTE SOURCES: - http://rubygems.org/
source 'https://rubygems.org' gem 'rails', '3.2.2' gem 'bootstrap-sass', '2.0.3' gem 'mysql' gem 'whenever', :require => false gem 'rake', '0.9.2.2' # Gems used only for assets and not required # in production environments by default. group :assets do gem 'sass-rails', '~> 3.2.3' gem 'coffee-rails', '~> 3.2.1' gem 'execjs' gem 'therubyracer', :platforms => :ruby gem 'johnson' gem 'uglifier', '>= 1.0.3' end group :development do gem 'yaml_db' gem 'capistrano_colors' gem 'awesome_print' end gem 'jquery-rails' # To use ActiveModel has_secure_password # gem 'bcrypt-ruby', '~> 3.0.0' # To use Jbuilder templates for JSON # gem 'jbuilder' # Use unicorn as the app server # gem 'unicorn' # Deploy with Capistrano gem 'capistrano' # To use debugger # gem 'ruby-debug19', :require => 'ruby-debug' # Refinery CMS gem 'refinerycms', '~> 2.0.0' # Specify additional Refinery CMS Extensions here (all optional): gem 'refinerycms-i18n', '~> 2.0.0' # gem 'refinerycms-blog', '~> 2.0.0' # gem 'refinerycms-inquiries', '~> 2.0.0' # gem 'refinerycms-search', '~> 2.0.0' # gem 'refinerycms-page-images', '~> 2.0.0'
bundle exec gem list
**** LOCAL GEMS *** actionmailer (3.2.2) actionpack (3.2.2) activemodel (3.2.2) activerecord (3.2.2) activeresource (3.2.2) activesupport (3.2.2) acts_as_indexed (0.7.8) arel (3.0.2) awesome_nested_set (2.1.3) awesome_print (1.0.2) babosa (0.3.7) bcrypt-ruby (3.0.1) bootstrap-sass (2.0.3) builder (3.0.0) bundler (1.2.1) capistrano (2.9.0) capistrano_colors (0.5.5) chronic (0.6.7) coffee-rails (3.2.2) coffee-script (2.2.0) coffee-script-source (1.3.3) devise (2.0.4) dragonfly (0.9.12) erubis (2.7.0) execjs (1.4.0) friendly_id (4.0.5) globalize3 (0.2.0) highline (1.6.11) hike (1.2.1) i18n (0.6.0) johnson (1.2.0) journey (1.0.3) jquery-rails (2.0.2) json (1.7.3) libv8 (220.127.116.11 x86-darwin-10) mail (2.4.4) mime-types (1.18) multi_json (1.3.6) mysql (2.8.1) net-scp (1.0.4) net-sftp (2.0.5) net-ssh (2.3.0) net-ssh-gateway (1.1.0) orm_adapter (0.0.7) paper_trail (2.6.3) polyglot (0.3.3) rack (1.4.1) rack-cache (1.2) rack-ssl (1.3.2) rack-test (0.6.1) rails (3.2.2) railties (3.2.2) rake (0.9.2.2) rdoc (3.12) refinerycms (2.0.4) refinerycms-authentication (2.0.4) refinerycms-core (2.0.4) refinerycms-dashboard (2.0.4) refinerycms-i18n (2.0.0) refinerycms-images (2.0.4) refinerycms-pages (2.0.4) refinerycms-resources (2.0.4) routing-filter (0.3.1) sass (3.1.19) sass-rails (3.2.5) seo_meta (1.3.0) sprockets (2.1.3) therubyracer (0.10.1) thor (0.14.6) tilt (1.3.3) treetop (1.4.10) truncate_html (0.5.5) tzinfo (0.3.33) uglifier (1.2.4) warden (1.1.1) whenever (0.7.2) will_paginate (3.0.3) yaml_db (0.2.3)
bundle exec ruby -v
ruby 1.8.7 (2011-12-28 MBARI 8/0x6770 on patchlevel 357) [i686-darwin10.8.0], MBARI 0x6770, Ruby Enterprise Edition 2012.01
bundle exec rails -v
I hope this provides enough details to start getting to the bottom of this.
I hope this is in the write section of the forum, I could not find a more suitable place than this.
Many thanks for any replies.