Topic: Autotest Error

I'm not a big fan of dupe posts, but I think I posted my other problem in the wrong area, so let me state it here...

I'm having an error running autotest on XP.  I'm following Peepcode's TDD tutorial and I came across an error where I didn't have a diff.exe.  So I installed it, added it to my system environment variables and now when running autotest, I get the following error:

c:\ruby\bin\ruby -I.;lib;test test/unit/journal_test.rb -n "/^(test_should_creat
record)$/" | unit_diff -u; c:\ruby\bin\ruby -I.;lib;test test/functional/journal
controller_test.rb -n "/^(test_should_create_journal|test_should_update_journal)
" | unit_diff -u
c:/ruby/bin/unit_diff:18: invalid name for global variable - -u; (NameError)

Anyone know about this invalid name for global variable error that I'm getting?  Thanks for the help.

Re: Autotest Error

Ran into the same issue tonight.  Found the source of the issue.  It turns out that the line separator was set to ';' instead of '&'.

in autotest.rb:

unless defined? WINDOZE then
    WINDOZE = /win32/ =~ RUBY_PLATFORM
    SEP = WINDOZE ? '&' : ';'
  end

Take a look at what's in your RUBY_PLATFORM.  I'm runing WinXP with 1.8.6 and my RUBY_PLATFORM was set to 'i386-mingw32'.  Here's a fix for this line:

WINDOZE = /(win32|mingw32)/ =~ RUBY_PLATFORM