Topic: Capistrano error: could not determine latest revision

Hi I am getting the error could not determine latest revision, it is a Subversion error when Cap is running update_code task. I believe my repository URL is correct, I am using svn+ssh, but I am not sure where update_code is running. Is it running on my development machine (XP in my case), or is it running on my production server (FC6)? By the way, as a side question, does anyone know if there is a log file generated by Subversion? and if yes, where is it normally located at?

Last edited by bngu (2007-06-08 00:51:58)

JiggyMe
"Videos that Matter to You" powered by Ruby on Rails

Re: Capistrano error: could not determine latest revision

Ok after much research and headache, I figured out some internal workings of Cap. It runs a mixture of code on the dev machine and others on the server although it is poorly documented which is which. It is through major trial and error and by reading Cap's code that I am figuring this out, not cool. For those of you that cares to know, the part about querying latest revision runs on the local dev machine. Subsequent code like exporting the code runs on the server. I had to contend with ssh issues on both the dev machine and server. I am onto a new problem now but at least I am past my original problem.

JiggyMe
"Videos that Matter to You" powered by Ruby on Rails