Topic: Application hanging in production! NewRelic Phy Mem Utilization bad!
My app was doing fairly well in production past couple a months. But past 2 days, its gone off its rocker! Not able to figure out what the problem is. The symptoms are as follows..
- It first went down when I deployed and ran a migration yesterday. A simple column addition to a table
- The production log showed the SignalException::SIGTERM error ( dont know anything about it )
- a server reboot seems to solve the problem temporarily
- New Relic RPM shows wayward physical mem utilization.
- im on Slicehost and the 'free' command shows way too much SWAP memory usage (which is basically not good)
Does it sound like im having a memory leak? anywhere i could look? anything i can do??
Oh those who have fought the battle and come out victorious.. bestow upon me ur knowledge!
Seriously.. any pointers?