Topic: still 500 on apache/cgi

hello everybody. sorry for bothering with rtfm question, but i cant see any m for this. i want to deploy on apache/cgi (for testing). at home i am using instantrails on win. so i copied files to server, set good rights for tmp,log, dispatch.cgi, dispatch.rb, .htaccess, set good #/usr/bin/ruby at the scripts, but i am still obtaining 500 error. what else should i do? there is no log in log directory. i can type and run rails and ruby commands in shell. please help / thanks. fero.

Re: still 500 on apache/cgi

Is your log directory writable? Try just creating a production.log in the directory (by typing "touch production.log" in the log dir on the terminal) and setting proper permissions on it, see if that helps.

vinnie - rails forum admin

all the logs remains empty. (i did nothing to switch to production, i want to stay in development mode). f.

It might be an Apache error then, before it even loads Rails. Do you have other apps on that server that work? Can you find Apache's log files and see if there's anything weird in them?

vinnie - rails forum admin

the problem is solved with the rails upgrade. there was only 1.0 installed on the hosting server. smile thank you for help. f.