Topic: Forum performance issues, Kinda urgent

Since this forum hit the 100,000 post mark I have noticed a remarkable performance degredation.
Often taking over a minuite to view a post and sometimes not getting in at all.
Today I got a database error with too many connections.
It seems that this forum is becoming more and more popular and something needs to be done to sort this out before it becomes a major issue.

I'm not suggesting that the 100,000 posts itself is causing the problem I'm merely offering this as a time scale reference.

If there are issues over hosting costs, bandwidth etc... then I'm sure that you would get offers of help from members if asked.

James

What you want and what you need are too often not the same thing!
When your head is hurting from trying to solve a problem, stop standing on it. When you are the right way up you will see the problem differently and you just might find the solution.
(Quote by me 15th July 2009)

Re: Forum performance issues, Kinda urgent

This has just happened again whilst responding to a post.

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Too many connections.

The page shows a "PunBB / Error" as it's title.

When your head is hurting from trying to solve a problem, stop standing on it. When you are the right way up you will see the problem differently and you just might find the solution.

We're working on this and should have updates in place within the next 24hrs.

:-)