Topic: mod_rails and mod_php on the same apache instance?

I've got Ubuntu servers in my production environment running mod_rails/Passenger. There is a specific customer who needs mod_php and if possible I'd like to just enable the module and add a new vhost.

I vaguely recall that there were some conflicts between mod_rails and mod_php. I cannot cite my sources as I don't remember anything beyond there being a conflict.

Can anyone confirm/refute this?

Is it possible to have both mod_php and mod_rails enabled under the same Apache instance?

Re: mod_rails and mod_php on the same apache instance?

I am about to try this on one of my own Ubuntu servers soon, running mod_php, and passenger. I'll let you know how it goes.

jmbrink26 wrote:

I am about to try this on one of my own Ubuntu servers soon, running mod_php, and passenger. I'll let you know how it goes.

Cool thanks. We wound up working around the requirement somehow. I think someone "found" an "unused" server for us so we just spun up a LAMP stack on that rather than risk the conflict.

I eagerly await your results!

No problem. Just got to wrap up this Rails app I'm writing, and I'll upload it, and reconfigure the virtualhost, and see how it goes.

I've had no problems running both passenger and php on a staging server (Apache2).