Topic: Auto-subscribe to topics that I have posted to?

Is there a way to turn on the "Subscribe to this Topic" by default? I always forget to click it.

Great forum btw. Thanks.

Re: Auto-subscribe to topics that I have posted to?

Adding a new subscription every time someone posts can murder a database pretty quickly. I'd rather not make it automatic, especially if most people don't use subscriptions anyway.

Thanks for the praise!

vinnie - rails forum admin

I don't mean automatic as in "everyone gets it whether they like it or not" I just mean an option (in the profile) to have the "subscribe to this topic" checked by default vs. not checked by default. The only reason why I bring this up is because phpBB has a option like that and I thought PunBB might have something similar.

Thanks.

This would be very useful for me too. I tend to forget to check the box. I'd hate accidentally drop out of a discussion that way.

Ceres wrote:

I don't mean automatic as in "everyone gets it whether they like it or not" I just mean an option (in the profile) to have the "subscribe to this topic" checked by default vs. not checked by default. The only reason why I bring this up is because phpBB has a option like that and I thought PunBB might have something similar.

Thanks.

Oh okay, that's less of a problem. I'll see if there's a punBB mod/extension that can do that.

vinnie - rails forum admin

Agreed, I could also use an "auto-subscribe" feature (even though I end up reading every post anyway). Maybe we'll see this in the future. smile

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

Eventually, I'd like subscription options more in line with vBulletin (i.e., option for automatic subscription on reply, and non-email subscriptions that are update in your control panel).   But that's a low priority feature right now. smile

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Does Beast have those features? I look forward to what RailsForum is planning on moving to in the near future. vBulletin looks to be the gold standard when it comes to Forum software these days. I hope they can get some competition wink

edit: read the threads on RoR based forum software... I love the wild west of a new language/framework.

Last edited by Ceres (2007-01-23 04:23:04)