Topic: 18months exp ror developer looking for anybody to learn free of charge

Hi guys

I have 18 months commercial experience in ruby on rails.
I would be happy to share my knowledge by teaching somebody
who is interested in Ruby in Rails and who knows English very well (Native Speaker).
I would like to master my English by pair programming with anybody from UK/Ireland
I wonder if there is anybody who would like to improve his development skills, and in the same time, help
me by conversations, correcting my pronunciation and helping me with proper interpretation if necessary.
I can do pair programming with him up to 5h peer week using team-viewer or similar tool.

English Native Speaker required

Are you interested? Let me know

Best regards
Mateusz

Re: 18months exp ror developer looking for anybody to learn free of charge

This sounds like a great opportunity. I wish I could apply. Although my mother tongue is not English, I got a good grasp on it, but I'm afraid, that's not enough.

███   There is a wild mix of cats, SEO and RoR called WSzP.   ███

WSzP wrote:

This sounds like a great opportunity. I wish I could apply. Although my mother tongue is not English, I got a good grasp on it, but I'm afraid, that's not enough.

I know it's not fair but it must be native speaker, sorry.

meceo00 wrote:

I know it's not fair but it must be native speaker, sorry.

No worries, I undestand. Good luck finding one, and have fun with RoR.

███   There is a wild mix of cats, SEO and RoR called WSzP.   ███

How are planning on pairing? In person or Remotely via something like iChat. I think you should mention this so that people know what kind of collaboration you are looking for.

Hi,
I am just trying to learn Ruby/Rails (started last week) -- I do have a back ground in PHP and Perl (however, haven't looked at Perl in years). My programming skills in PHP are at a hack level (enough to get things done).

I actually teach elementary through 76 year olds. I live in Japan so that might be time issue.

PM me with what you are thinking.
I would be interested in emailing about over all information in R/R and would be willing to correct your English problems.

I am on a Mac :-)

my 930 goes weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :-)