Topic: RailsConf 2007 Meetup

Anyone here planning to go to RailsConf? If so, I encourage you to sign up on RailsConf 2007 Meetup. Here you can schedule meetups with fellow Railers. The password to register is "chunky bacon" (what else would it be?). Many thanks to Ben Curtis who was kind enough to set this up!

Maybe we should create a gathering for Rails Forum folks?

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

Re: RailsConf 2007 Meetup

I, for one, would love to meet up with any RailsForum people who are able to make it.

I'd definitely meet up if I got a way out there. Now to find a corporate sponsor tongue

vinnie - rails forum admin

Better hurry. wink

RailsConf is supposed to take registrations around end of this month or the beginning of the next month. Last year it was sold out after only a few days and this year may be worse. Let's hope it doesn't sell out in a couple hours like Ruby Conf did.

I wish I could go, however I'm heading to Iceland the week after.  Have fun guys.  I'll send you a life size card board cut-out of me with a web cam on the head.  Ryan, Danger and Vin can take turns carrying me around.

Sorry Ben, but I'm not carrying you. tongue

Wish you could come though.

thabenksta wrote:

I wish I could go, however I'm heading to Iceland the week after.

My dad went to Iceland for 2 weeks this past summer.  What brings you over that way?

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Not sure really, seemed like a "cool" place.

It's supposed to be fairly American friendly, and not so much touristy.  Did your father enjoy it?  I hear it's one of the most expensive places in the world.

Well, he went with this group called Earth Watch, so he was doing all this field research and living in a tent for much of the time (though he was a few days in Reykjavik to bookend the trip).  I guess his experience was sort of unique.  I'm sure he'd be happy to email you about it, though.  Shoot me a note and I'll send you his email address (me: josh [at] railsforum [dot] com).

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs