Topic: Real ROR Newbie Continued.

I know nothing about Ruby on Rails, I have read everything to get started but I don't seem to be getting it. Below is what I have to do and I am wondering if this can all be done in my Cpanel using Ruby on Rails and Ruby Gems. I'm sorry but I am the type of person that gets nothing out of reading, I have to do this first hand to get it if that makes sense. The script for the below says I should be done in 15 minutes with this and here it is 3 weeks later and I still am not getting this. How do I get the window up to just add the code, I don't understand this. Even if someone could help me in IM would be a great help. YAHOO: bingodelivery MSN: bcelani63@hotmail.com

Getting started
Here’s how to get rolling:
Use script/generate to create your models and controllers
To see all available options, run it without parameters.

Set up a default route and remove or rename this file
Routes are set up in config/routes.rb.

Create your database
Run rake db:migrate to create your database. If you're not using SQLite (the default), edit config/database.yml with your username and password.

Re: Real ROR Newbie Continued.

IMHO this is not where you should start, especially if you best learn by doing.  This is only helpful for people having some background. (E.g. IMHO you have no chance of understanding (not to speak of executing) "Set up a default route" having null prior knowledge with Rails...)

If you have any kind of programming background I suggest you go through http://guides.rubyonrails.org/getting_started.html

This will guide you step-by-step through setting up a real application (somewhat more complex than "Hello world!" -- although that's also included).

Also, if you're new to ruby, read (an for the most part understand) a good ruby tutorial.  I started with ruby on Windows roll and with the install kit came a very good tutorial (...\doc\ProgrammingRuby.chm).  I'm sure you can find a good one quickly by googling around.

In case you have no programming background I believe that RoR (or any other web app development environment for that matter) requires a rather too steep learning curve.  In this case start with ruby (for example), have a feel for it and then move to app development.