Topic: mac chrome

given that it's a beta, what do ya'll think ??? i think it's pretty slick and their dev tools seem at least adequate

Re: mac chrome

Yeah, it seems cool. The Linux version is cool too, but if it ends up being like the Windows version it will just fall short I think.

I had high hopes for Chrome, but it's just not as functional as say Firefox in so many ways, even though it still uses the Netscape Gecko engine just the same as Firefox.

It's not to say that with enough developer and user support, that it can't be just as expandable as Firefox, but with such a loyal following of Firefox users, why would a lot of them move from Firefox to Chrome when it works so great, and is totally customizable? wink

It is a webkit browser not Gecko.

I like it.  I've been using it on Snow Leopard for a little while and it's actually replaced FF for me.  I still haven't found an elegant bookmark sync solution yet.  Mainly because I also use Safari on my Mac, sometimes FF for testing, and I also use IE/FF/Chrome on a Windows machine.

But lately, I've used Chrome 100% on my office machine (except when certain internal apps require IE) and Chrome 100% on my Mac.

I have a Mac crome and it is a lot better looking then the While. It has a great looks, I have got this last year and still it looks brand new.