Topic: From InstantRails to Full Ruby-Rails-MySQL Install??

Hello,

I am new to Ruby On Rails.

I installed the "InstantRails" zip put it under "C:\Ruby" Everything is included, MySQl, Apache, Rails etc... I am also using RadRails as my IDE.

I developed some apps perfectly fine... no problems.

But I had to do away with the InstantRails and do a complete install from scratch.

I installed in this order.
1) Ruby 1.8.5 (C:\Ruby)
2) MySql Server 5.0 and tools (C:\MySql Server)
3) Lastest Rails 1.2.1 using console
4) I copied my last "InstantRails" RadRails to my new "C:\Ruby\RadRails" folder
5) I copied my rail apps from my last "InstantRails" install to "c:\Ruby\rails_apps\??" (?? = my apps that worked.
6) I moved my database files from that "instantRails" install from the "\mysql\data\??" to "C:\Mysql Server\data" folder.

FYI... I noticed in all the tutorials that Apache is not being installed. I assume because newer Rails uses just the WebBrick server. Right?

I ran my RadRails and change my options to point to my Ruby parameters. I can start the webbrick server in RadRails, but when I launch a web site on one of my apps... it doesn't find the databases.

Where is the settings that points to my newly located MySql data path??

Thanks
smile

Last edited by fwhilton (2007-01-29 10:09:05)

Re: From InstantRails to Full Ruby-Rails-MySQL Install??

Update..

I did find that the install of MySql Server 5.1 was not connecting.
I got that fixed.

However, I still can not get my previous rails app to run using the MySQL Server location.

What I did is moved the "c:\Ruby\mysql\data\cookbook" app to my new setup... "c:\MySql Server\data\cookbook"

This is supose to be the database files.

But, when I open them in MySql Administrator... it says the table doesn't exist?

Am I moving my databases correctly and will this work??

smile