Topic: From InstantRails to Full Ruby-Rails-MySQL Install??
I am new to Ruby On Rails.
I installed the "InstantRails" zip put it under "C:\Ruby" Everything is included, MySQl, Apache, Rails etc... I am also using RadRails as my IDE.
I developed some apps perfectly fine... no problems.
But I had to do away with the InstantRails and do a complete install from scratch.
I installed in this order.
1) Ruby 1.8.5 (C:\Ruby)
2) MySql Server 5.0 and tools (C:\MySql Server)
3) Lastest Rails 1.2.1 using console
4) I copied my last "InstantRails" RadRails to my new "C:\Ruby\RadRails" folder
5) I copied my rail apps from my last "InstantRails" install to "c:\Ruby\rails_apps\??" (?? = my apps that worked.
6) I moved my database files from that "instantRails" install from the "\mysql\data\??" to "C:\Mysql Server\data" folder.
FYI... I noticed in all the tutorials that Apache is not being installed. I assume because newer Rails uses just the WebBrick server. Right?
I ran my RadRails and change my options to point to my Ruby parameters. I can start the webbrick server in RadRails, but when I launch a web site on one of my apps... it doesn't find the databases.
Where is the settings that points to my newly located MySql data path??
Last edited by fwhilton (2007-01-29 10:09:05)