Topic: Just got Rails up and working on my new MBP...

Wow is it snappier...  My complete test suite runs in under 22 seconds... used to be about 7 minutes.  Individual tests are almost instant, no noticeable delay while it loads the environment, etc...  I can't wait until tomrrow evening when I can actually use the machine, versus simply installing everything...

(Will also need to figure out why 5 controller tests out of 85 fail on the MBP but not on the old PB...

My RoR journey  -- thoughts on learning RoR and lessons learned in applying TDD and agile practices.

Re: Just got Rails up and working on my new MBP...

Very nice, glad to hear it is faster. My Intel iMac is much faster than my G5 - perhaps the Intel chip is partly the reason.

As for the failed tests, check out the fixtures first, I like to blame odd test failures on them. wink

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

Yeah I've had trouble with fixtures doing interesting things in different machines..  I think I had the same five failures on my desktop that I don't use as often as I should....

My RoR journey  -- thoughts on learning RoR and lessons learned in applying TDD and agile practices.

i envy you heh.  i am still saving up for my first mac.  cant wait!