Topic: Installing subversion

I followed this article http://hivelogic.com/narrative/articles/svn_on_os_x to install Subversion (though with the latest version instead 1.4.3). But I can't find it in /usr/local/. Instead I find a .Subversion folder in my root (Mac OS). Is that the actual server?

Another question. In the article it says "./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-openssl --with-ssl --with-zlib". I used that, but maybe I shouldn't as I don't have ssl, or need it locally. If I try to reinstall can I skip that?

Re: Installing subversion

Sorry I don't know the answer to your questions. Just thought I would mention that I used this package to install subversion. It's only version 1.3.1 but I have never had a problem with it.

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

ryanb wrote:

Sorry I don't know the answer to your questions. Just thought I would mention that I used this package to install subversion. It's only version 1.3.1 but I have never had a problem with it.

Thanks. Yes, I saw that it existed. I wanted the latest version so I tried source. I also want to learn to do more things with the terminal, so that's kind of a sub-motive. :-)

Anyway, did you get it installed in /usr/local/ or?

Yeah, it appears to be installed in usr/local/bin

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

ryanb wrote:

Yeah, it appears to be installed in usr/local/bin

Thanks ryanb. I'll think I'll try re-installing then. :-)