Topic: NetBeans 6.8 and Rails plugin

I use NetBeans to do my rails development on my linux box. I wanted to make some changes to an existing Rails plugin and I was wondering if anyone knows how to setup a project in NetBeans from the plugin? Everytime I try to use the "New Rails Project from existing code" option, it tells me the plugin is not a Rails application. I guess technically that is correct but I can't believe there is no logical way to group plugins inside NetBeans like all my other projects.

If there isn't then I guess I will live, but I was hoping someone more knoweldgeable than I might be able to help.

Thanks,
-Eric

Re: NetBeans 6.8 and Rails plugin

It's logic that Netbeans cannot generate your RAILS project from your plugin source. When it tries to that, it come along the structure of the project and if it's OK, it loads it. As for a plugin's structure, of cources it doesn't have a typical Rails structure, that's why netbeans can't load it. The only solution is to develop a plugin separately just any other Ruby project, and then just to copy-paste it into your project's plugins folder. I don't think it's so difficult.

Re: NetBeans 6.8 and Rails plugin

Javix wrote:

It's logic that Netbeans cannot generate your RAILS project from your plugin source. When it tries to that, it come along the structure of the project and if it's OK, it loads it. As for a plugin's structure, of cources it doesn't have a typical Rails structure, that's why netbeans can't load it. The only solution is to develop a plugin separately just any other Ruby project, and then just to copy-paste it into your project's plugins folder. I don't think it's so difficult.

Thanks for the help. I was just hoping to have a logical grouping if you will of all the files, not necessarily an actual "Rails project". You are correct it isn't that difficult to copy the files into my projects that I need, but that was the actual intent and I may not have made that very clear in my original post.

Thanks again for the help.

-Eric