Topic: Bad Gateway Error

Hi,

I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me. I run a website www.goodtravelcompany.com and for someone unexplained reason the website is down and the following error message is being displayed:

Bad Gateway

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Apache/2.0.54 Server at www.goodtravelcompany.com Port 80

I have called my hosting company and they say that the problem is in the domain, however, I have made no changes to the website recently.  Any idea how I can fix it?

Thanks
Peter

Re: Bad Gateway Error

Did you ever get this fixed? Sorry man, I didn't even notice this post until today.

I just ran a WHOIS, and the domain is good like you said. Just ping'd www.goodtravelcompany.com, and it reports IP 64.13.203.99. Based off the response from the WHOIS, I assume your using MediaTemple?

Re: Bad Gateway Error

Chances are that there are communication problems between the remote gateway and its upstream servers. There is little you can do except to try again later or contact the Webmaster about the problem.you’ll need to check your proxy settings if you receive this error message. Although many standard connections don’t use proxies, some do, and this error message could signal a lot of failed connections if you’re using one.