Topic: WebBrick will not stop

When I am testing my app I start webbrick via

C:\Sites\my_app>ruby script/server

It runs fine and does its job.  However, most of the time (but not all of the time) ctrl-c will not stop it.  I have to forcibly close the window that it is running in.

Any ideas?

Re: WebBrick will not stop

Webrick's a bit of a pain like that.  I have the same problem on Linux (which is usually much more awesome about handling processes).

My advice would be to install the mongrel gem ("gem install mongrel") and from that point on anytime you run 'ruby script/server' it'll default to running mongrel instead of webrick.  Very handy.

danger wrote:

Webrick's a bit of a pain like that.  I have the same problem on Linux (which is usually much more awesome about handling processes).

My advice would be to install the mongrel gem ("gem install mongrel") and from that point on anytime you run 'ruby script/server' it'll default to running mongrel instead of webrick.  Very handy.

Just make sure you're using Rails 1.2 first; Rails versions before that didn't try to use Mongrel smile

vinnie - rails forum admin

Will ya look at that.  Cntlr-C and it stops...very nice.

Thanks for the replies.  I think that the ROR community is about the most helpful that I have come across.