Re: What's your other Obsession?

ldenman wrote:

I also play the piano, acoustic guitar, and I am currently(trying to) teaching myself violin.

Awesome, I've always wanted to learn the violin. Would you say it is far more difficult than the piano and guitar? Out of those two the guitar was much easier for me to learn. But I'm trying to learn to read music while playing piano so that has been most of the struggle.

ldenman wrote:

Contrary to the rest of America, I don't watch TV and for the most part hate it.

Same here, I don't even get TV reception at my house.

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

ryanb wrote:
ldenman wrote:

I also play the piano, acoustic guitar, and I am currently(trying to) teaching myself violin.

Awesome, I've always wanted to learn the violin. Would you say it is far more difficult than the piano and guitar? Out of those two the guitar was much easier for me to learn. But I'm trying to learn to read music while playing piano so that has been most of the struggle.

Yeah, the violin is really hard. Just trying to get the strings to sound decent while playing them open is hard. What is really sucky, I'm left handed and my mom bought me a right handed violin. So I'm learning it upside down. But, I had to do that with the guitar also. I play a mean upside down guitar. hah. I really need to learn how to read music. I keep trying to get my friends to teach me....

ryanb wrote:
ldenman wrote:

Contrary to the rest of America, I don't watch TV and for the most part hate it.

Same here, I don't even get TV reception at my house.

yikes

I have the basic DirecTV subscription but the only cable channels I watch consistently are Discovery and Comedy Central; the rest is just local stations. My wife's addicted to HGTV and Discovery Health though. neutral

vinnie - rails forum admin

ldenman wrote:

Bright Eyes - I run a pretty popular bright eyes fan site. His older stuff (like many others) I like much better than his newer stuff.

I like Bright Eyes. I'm Wide Awake and Its Morning is a fantastic album.

I only get one channel, NBC. I find I'm a lot happier without TV.

I love to surf (in the ocean).

I forgot to add my favorite obsession. Groinkicking Josh... Haven't done it in a while, though..... shame.

Lie! This is from yesterday:

[23:44] * kelli puts on boots of groin kicking +4

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Kelli wrote:

I forgot to add my favorite obsession. Groinkicking Josh... Haven't done it in a while, though..... shame.

lol, that's my new favorite verb.

I've just started to get back into board games after many devoted years to PC gaming!

The other obsession has to be the family, keeping 2 kids (aged 6 & 3) entertained at the weekends demands more hours (and patience+money) than exists - lol

thabenksta wrote:
Kelli wrote:

lol, that's my new favorite verb.

Don't forget the similar adverb groin-grabbingly tongue

vinnie - rails forum admin

Embiggen is a perfectly cromulent word.

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

vin wrote:

Don't forget the similar adverb groin-grabbingly tongue

Oh that's hilarious, especially the definition. My wife will love that one.