Re: Tutorial Requests

I need a tutorial that explains how to create models with geo fields

thanks wink

Hello! I'm looking for a tutorial that teaches me how to make a dropdown menu (with multiple choises) with ruby on rails!
tnx!

can anyone help me with these these tutorial?

Group
Group event or user event
Tab Renderer

-Michael

So seriously I am at that awkward stage where I'm trying to get into BDD but I'm like newb and flailing around saying "I just don't know where to start!". I've read up on Should/Rspec/Cucumber/factory_girl/Mocha/etc./etc., but still I can't quite start.

I know (or have a very strong feeling) that once a person gets over this stage it's like "how could I ever have not understood this?" I think this is why I haven't found any simple-as-dirt hold-my-hand-in-every-baby-step tutorials (that and that there not just one perfect solution, but I don't need a perfect solution just one solution to get me over the hump so I can start pulling in everything else I learn on my own.)

Does this make sense? Is there not a tutorial out there that says "ok these are the things we are going to use today, there are other things but we are using this and here we go. step 1. step 2. step 3."?

I know once I get this I'll look back at this post and say man did I sound like a big wuss, but right now I feel like I'm in the same boat that lots of people had to stand in until they finally figured out how to beat this stuff into there heads.

On a less pathetic note: This is straight from the thoughtbot training page

Writing a blog using TDD

Has anyone ever shown you, in detail, the Rails request-response lifecycle? We will.

Learn Rails in strict TDD order. Routes -> controllers -> actions, rendering -> views -> migrations -> ActiveRecord -> posts#index action -> posts#index view -> paths -> link_to -> forms -> posts#create action -> validations -> render -> errors -> flash.

This is what I would like to see somewhere... preferable without having to fly to Boston and shell out a grand.

Last edited by JackVandaL (2009-06-26 13:47:33)

Hi,

I am looking for a category tutorials. I want to create categories something like this.

Category 1
  -Subcategory
     -Subcategory
  -Subcategory
Category 2
  -Subcategory
And so on...

I also need to build similar article system.

Article 1
  -Subarticle 2
  -Subarticle 3
Article 4
Article 5
  -Subarticle 6

acts_as_tree is apparently what I am looking for?

Does anyone have any tutorials. Thanks!! smile

I would like a very simple set up of Reddit without comments. Just voting system using AJAX and links.

A similar tutorial is here, but the codes are no longer available..

"You want stimulus? How about we cut off your balls!" -- Slavoj Zizek

So code it?

cherring wrote:

So code it?

I have it done until this part, but there seems to be some problem moving links up and down...

http://h.imagehost.org/view/0349/testing

Last edited by yes (2009-07-12 23:38:23)

"You want stimulus? How about we cut off your balls!" -- Slavoj Zizek

Does anyone have a nice OAuth for Twitter Tutorial? (for dummies!)

the url linked from the Twitter API page example for Ruby http://apiwiki.twitter.com/OAuth-Examples
is broken or something....

thanks!

Hi all,
I want to get basic knowledge about cucumber and Rspec. so if any body know  any tutorials for that pls help me.

thanks,
Mithun Perera

mithunperera wrote:

Hi all,
I want to get basic knowledge about cucumber and Rspec. so if any body know  any tutorials for that pls help me.

thanks,
Mithun Perera

http://railscasts.com/episodes?search=cucumber

Episodes 155 and 159

Hi, requesting a really noob friendly tutorial.  I'm completely new to Ruby on Rails and don't know where to start.

Looking for Rails tutorials which should simple & easily understand.

please post tutorial for masterview .A full example would be very useful .Thankyou in advance

patrick91 wrote:

I need a tutorial that explains how to create models with geo fields

thanks wink

I think there are a few out there already, but I'll be hitting that realm here soon. Were you looking for coverage of a specific plugin, or just geocoding in general?

I want to request a video tutorials, on how to upload and play video just like youtube for an example. or is there any tutorial on the web i can look at??

-Michael

-Michael

I need help using pronto, as I need it for my class project. I followed the tutorial step by step on RailsCasts and even on ASCIIcasts and it didn't work for me. I'm currently using Rails 2.3.4

hi....

here is small fast tutorial from Use case to Web System on rails >>>
http://madhukaudantha.blogspot.com/2010 … -from.html

I was trying railscast 170, using Open ID and the gems it depended on are no longer working nor is it clear which of a handful of git repo's in fact work or what.  I would request a recent working fully documented tutorial using Open ID + Authlogic such that we can keep up

thx

want to know about railroad.How it maintain.
railroad design

Last edited by azax06 (2010-05-21 06:18:39)