Topic: How Learn flash

Hi,
   I am new in designing and I want to learn flash please tell how can I start to learn flash. what things are necessary for learn flash. how flash works in rails based application.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by mahendra (2007-07-07 08:38:47)

Re: How Learn flash

Flash is really graphics on ActionScripts.

You'd want to have some kickass vector/illustrator skills and learn ActionScript and jive those two together. If you don't have Flash yet, grab a tryout version from Adobe. Follow all the Tutorials from the help files as that's a good place to start.

After getting to know the Flash app and ActionScripting, move on up to Flex. Flex can play nice with Rails. http://flexonrails.net/

=====================
Sam G.

If you come from an application background I'd probably go for Flex first. Flex is, much like Rails, a framework; therefore it does a lot of heavy lifting for you. I guess it all depends on what you are planning on doing. Do you have a project that you want to use Flash on? If so what do want it to do for you?

You can put Flash onto Rails using WebORB. You can read a tutorial at Vixiom on Flash Remoting for Rails.

If you are wanting to learn Flash and would like to get acquainted with the GUI, toolbar, as well as a gentle nudge into ActionScript that will help you in the long-run, I would read Peachpit

If your looking for good examples as an introduction to flash i thoughrly recommend the following website

Kirupa.com

This website has been round for you years (since 1999) Kirupa caters for beginners to advance level flash users. It provides interesting and usefull tutuorials and examples. Hope this helped.

Regards,

Jon

Interesting discussion.
I have been trying out flash remoting with PHP since 2006 and tried several CMS/Frameworks. Now I'm just interested in Rails and working on cool projects with it. 

Has anyone tried OpenLaszlo for Rails? It sounds cool.
I'm fine with just creating animation using Actionscript 3.0 and Flash CS3/Flash CS4 but it's good to have options that are easier and are less painful.

kgpdesigner wrote:

Interesting discussion.
I have been trying out flash remoting with PHP since 2006 and tried several CMS/Frameworks. Now I'm just interested in Rails and working on cool projects with it. 

Has anyone tried OpenLaszlo for Rails? It sounds cool.
I'm fine with just creating animation using Actionscript 3.0 and Flash CS3/Flash CS4 but it's good to have options that are easier and are less painful.

I've thought about trying that out soon. I do a lot of Flash/AS3 development as well as Rails/PHP, so I'll let you know how it goes. smile

jonhurlock wrote:

If your looking for good examples as an introduction to flash i thoughrly recommend the following website

Kirupa.com

This website has been round for you years (since 1999) Kirupa caters for beginners to advance level flash users. It provides interesting and usefull tutuorials and examples. Hope this helped.

Regards,

Jon

I'll second that. They do have some awesome walkthroughs. I know they've helped me solve my own AS3 issues before... wink

gotoandlearn.com is EASILY the best place for learning flash...

I do like Kirupa though too

jmbrink26 wrote:
jonhurlock wrote:

Kirupa.com

Regards,

Jon

I'll second that. They do have some awesome walkthroughs. I know they've helped me solve my own AS3 issues before... wink

Another good place you can look too, is Adobe has a lot of tutorial/training videos that until recently you could access from Bridge, but now you have to go to http://tv.adobe.com, which isn't a big deal...

Flash is a tool for creating interactive and animated Web sites! A Flash animation is distinguished from a Webcomic, which is a comic strip distributed via the Web, rather than an animated cartoon.Here suggested all the place to learn about Flash are very good you will get good guide from there as i visited some site suggested here.

I also very much interested to Learn flash. All of this information help me to learn flash.
Thank you guys..

I found many important info in Kirupa.com, I think this will be too much helpful for learning flash.

Nice to see this type of informative post to Learn flash and Kirupa.com,
Thanks for shearing.

beginners guitar

Last edited by josuyabell95 (2010-06-22 09:14:32)

Learn a flash you read a book of flash and you find a tutorial on Internet this way you get a help and you tried it and in a flash you get help about all tool you try out and you learn flash and also you ask your teacher they learn you a flash.

Last edited by jasikamarshel (2010-08-12 03:48:30)

There are so many ways for learn the flash easily. You can learn it from the Internet. You can prefer the flash books and tutorials. You can download the flash software and learn easily. You can join some good professional classes for learning the flash. And you can take the training in the good company.

Flash flex actionscript is used for building dynamic rich web applications which are very interactive. You can refer the adobe documentations for learning these technologies.

Hi guys, I wanted to share another good way to learn flash which helped me personally. I started with templates. I just opened google and found the provider of flash templates and purchased one from them, played around with it and then started doing my own projects. You can go to http://www.flashmint.com and choose whatever template you like - xml flash, flash component, flash cms or any other. Sometimes you need a good hint to move forward.

From the books dude. I bough 2 books about flash script and flash animations. If you have experience with illustrator or photoshop it will be better to start with.