Topic: ROR and Auctions

Hello, i need to find some tutorial for developing auction, a tutorial or a script.
Thanks,
Railin.dev

Re: ROR and Auctions

I don't think you'll find a tutorial that specific, to be honest

Joe got a job, on the day shift, at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen, arrogantly twisting the sterile canvas snout of a fully charged icing anointment utensil.

I tried to find a tutorial for a week but nothing.. A sample application would be a good alternative smile

Browse through Ryan Baits Railscasts,  he uses all kinds of 'example apps' when he demonstrates the featured feature in each Railscasts,  you may pick up ideas from those.

Joe got a job, on the day shift, at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen, arrogantly twisting the sterile canvas snout of a fully charged icing anointment utensil.

Dude an auction site requires you to implement a comet. The only push technology worth mentionning for rails is juggernaut. As for now juggernaut doesn't support rails 3. You could implement an auction site with that but you need time.
If you need a non rails solution then I would suggest orbited or APE (ajax) though I never worked with them. The other solution would be to use an auction site script in another langage and to adapt it.