Topic: Rad Rails Forum

I was looking for some help with RadRails and noticed they didn't have a forum.  Maybe I just can't find it, but if they infact don't have one maybe you guys should offer to host it for them.

Re: Rad Rails Forum

Perhaps we could have a generic IDE forum so it can apply to pretty much everyone?

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts

thabenksta wrote:

I was looking for some help with RadRails and noticed they didn't have a forum.  Maybe I just can't find it, but if they infact don't have one maybe you guys should offer to host it for them.

I actually emailed them 4 or 5 weeks ago offering, but never got a reply. smile

Maybe I should send them this thread. wink

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Well, I tried emailing the three of them one more time 4 days ago.  I had one of the emails bounced back, so I'm not sure if any of them got the message.

Anyone who is in contact with the RadRails guys can feel free to make the suggestion. smile

Josh Catone helps run this place
Rails Forum - Rails Jobs

Hi guys,
   I was using some other editor before this , But when I try to use the RadRails I stuck with following issue when I run latest radrails with the existing Eclipse 3.0.
===============================================================================
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2006-09-14 18:44:33.106
!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility (27).
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.CompatibilityActivator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1014)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:970)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:317)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:256)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.preFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:86)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:409)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:339)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:391)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:352)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:83)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:276)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:227)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1245)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.CompatibilityHelper.getPluginDescriptor(CompatibilityHelper.java:63)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Plugin.initializeDescriptor(Plugin.java:706)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Plugin.start(Plugin.java:692)
====================================================================
So please can anyone find me the solution for this.
Thanks in advance,
Nishi

in lieu of a proper radrails forum i'll post this here.

i've got a strange problem with radrails where the servers will not start. Even more strange is the fact that the servers work fine if i start from an instant rails console.

i've had this problem with 0.7.0 and 0.7.1

unfortunately the 'stopped' status flickers to 'starting' briefly then returns to stopped, without any output in the console.

it is not a port already in use problem. and i have tried with/without the instant rails apache server running. my gems are all hooked, basically everything is the same as another system where the servers are starting fine.

just wandering if anyone has had this problem or can suggest a solution.

all this on win xp sp2, tried with/without firewall on, altho required ports are open in firewall for radrails (tcp).

xia wrote:

i've had this problem with 0.7.0 and 0.7.1

unfortunately the 'stopped' status flickers to 'starting' briefly then returns to stopped, without any output in the console.

I don't have the same problem but i did notice that my webrick servers start much slower since i have upgraded to 0.7.1 (i had skipped the 0.7.0 version).

Update: we've just opened a new Tools forum for anyone to get help with the editor they're using, whether it's RadRails, TextMate, emacs, notepad.exe, or anything else.

vinnie - rails forum admin

vin wrote:

Update: we've just opened a new Tools forum for anyone to get help with the editor they're using, whether it's RadRails, TextMate, emacs, notepad.exe, or anything else.

Woohoo! Thank you! smile

Railscasts - Free Ruby on Rails Screencasts