Topic: Initial install problems with SQLite 3

hey hi,i am new to RoR and just installed it with
-mySQL & heidiSQL
as per the directions of an online tutorial & the agile ebook on RoR

-but i am not able to even run my basic "hello world" prgm

d server works fine,since i am able to view "localhost:3000"..but when i try to run my prgm as "localhost:3000/say/hello" i get this error message:

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\  2010-08-24 03:01:34 +0530
  no such file to load -- sqlite3
    C:/Ruby19/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activesupport-2.3.8/lib/active_support/de
pendencies.rb:156:in `require'
    C:/Ruby19/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/activesupport-2.3.8/lib/active_support/de
pendencies.rb:156:in `block in require'

Last edited by sagar_jhobalia (2010-08-23 17:36:21)

Re: Initial install problems with SQLite 3

Looks like you are trying to use mysql, but you didn't specify database.yml. Also looks like you didn't run

rake db:migrate

since it appears the database is not created.

If you want to use mysql, you have to create a mysql database with a user name and password. Then you have to configure your database.yml file to reflect the mysql database you created/want to use. When you have that set up, before you start the server, you have to run the 'rake db:migrate' command in your console. That will create the fields in your mysql database and then you should be able to start the server and it should work.

If you want to use sqlite3, make sure you installed the gem, then run the 'rake db:migrate' command in your console, start the server, and you should be good to go.

- Ben

Re: Initial install problems with SQLite 3

ya but my application is a simple app trying to display hello world on a browser window.why do i require to setup the dbase at all.Also could you tell me how do i set it up,if i have.