Topic: Problem with launching Webrick

Hi.
I'm very new in this field so please don't laugh too loud about my question. I installed ruby on my windows XP in standard way and going to create new test project. It was created fine with "rails demo" command (demo is the name of my project smile ). Now i want to launch webserver to see what i have in this project . After launching ruby script/server, i got next:
F:\Work\RailsProjects\demo>ruby script\server
=> Booting WEBrick...
=> Rails application started on http://0.0.0.0:3000
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server; call with --help for options
[2007-02-10 15:32:13] INFO  WEBrick 1.3.1
[2007-02-10 15:32:13] INFO  ruby 1.8.5 (2006-12-25) [i386-mswin32]
[2007-02-10 15:32:13] WARN  TCPServer Error: Bad file descriptor - bind(2)
f:/Work/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/utils.rb:73:in `initialize': Bad file descript
or - bind(2) (Errno::EBADF)
        from f:/Work/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/utils.rb:73:in `new'
        from f:/Work/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/utils.rb:73:in `create_listeners'

from f:/Work/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/utils.rb:70:in `each'
        from f:/Work/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/utils.rb:70:in `create_listeners'

from f:/Work/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:75:in `listen'
        from f:/Work/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:63:in `initialize'
        from f:/Work/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:24:in `initialize'
        from f:/Work/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.2/lib/webrick_server.
rb:58:in `new'
         ... 7 levels...
        from f:/Work/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.2/lib/commands/server
.rb:39
        from f:/Work/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:i
n `gem_original_require'
        from f:/Work/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:i
n `require'
        from script/server:3

Sure, there is no server at specified port (3000)
Can anyone tell me what's wrong ?

Also , i would be appreciate if anyone tell me how to change default port number (3000) to any else.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Problem with launching Webrick

No laughter necessary - we've all been in a pickle like this.

You may be able to get around this with changing the port number.  You do this by passing a -p argument to the server:

ruby script/server -p 3003

Re: Problem with launching Webrick

actually i almost forgot that i changed port number during my MySql installation. So i just added Port: 8102 to my database.yml file. But your trick working too. Thanks!