Topic: Odd numbered IDs

Rather a strange issue, I've been googling around but so far drawn a blank so I thought I'd chuck it out to the community to see if anyone has any experience.

I noticed the other day that on my production server the ID's on my models are all coming out even. If I create 10 Articles on my dev server I get IDs running from 1-10 as you would expect. On the production server though my IDs come out 2,4,6,8,10,12,14 etc... This is the same for all my models, so it sounds like it's something to do with the mysql database.

It's an issue because I'd like to be able to load content from a CSV. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Re: Odd numbered IDs

could be the server has an increment setting of 2?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ … _increment

Rob Anderton
TheWebFellas

Re: Odd numbered IDs

I thought it would be something like that. This from Brightbox:

"Yes, we have an auto increment value of 2 configured on the database cluster. This is a safety measure related to database replication; one server increments 1...3....5...7...etc and the other 2...4...6...8...etc. This avoids collisions in the event of failover."

Makes sense. I've added a unique key string to the models I want to populate from CSV files, makes it easier to hand edit.