Topic: how to protect web app

im running a web app via localhost and port-forward using a router so that the web app can be accessed in the internet.my question is how to protect it as much as possible from shutting down. any suggestions? In the future, should i go for the option of using a webhost which supports ruby on rails?

Re: how to protect web app

However, there is a security issue that is often a weak point for Web-based applications, and user authentication. If a user - legitimate or not - presents credentials to the application, you can usually do things the application does not know the user ID and password have been stolen with a tape recorder secretly strikes or phishing attacks through a scam social engineering, or used by a former employee who was fired last week. There are just many scenarios that make a user ID and password to access sufficient protection for Web applications.
-------------------------------------------------------------
SEO Forum India SEO India forum

but i don't have anything in the web app. the database is independent of the web app and the web app is merely a google site.so is there any reason to protect it?

What do you mean by 'protect it from shutting down' ?

Joe got a job, on the day shift, at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen, arrogantly twisting the sterile canvas snout of a fully charged icing anointment utensil.